Bee propolis was collected from the tree bud and bark by bees, then mixed secretion of bee tongue gland and wax gland etc. It was processed by bees and transformed into jelly substance by bees. It is a natural solid glue with aromatic fragrance. Propolis, known as the "purple gold", is the most unique and magical natural substance contributed by bees. Europeans calls propolis as "magic medicine", "the gift of god", while Asia calls it as "heavenly things", "modern panacea" and "the greatest natural medicine of the century". Propolis contains a large number of active ingredients, especially the flavonoids and terpenes, which are beneficial to the human body. Therefore, propolis has a huge medicinal value and health value. Propolis contains at least 30 kinds of essential trace elements that are necessary for human body, is rich in terpenes, flavonoids, esters, and has very strong capability in anti-microbico, anticorrosion, blood sugar regulation, immunity enhancement and other functions. It has broad appliction prospects in medicine, cosmetics and food industries.
Common Propolis Extraction Techniques
The main techniques of extracting propolis include ethanol extraction, supercritical CO2 extraction and subcritical fluid extraction. The most common technique of propolis extract processing is ethanol extraction, since this method requires low production cost and can extract high content of flavonoids. But, the final propolis extract is in black or auburn color, has poor taste and contains small amounts of the allergens. Supercritical CO2 extraction is a new extraction technique. Propolis extract extracted by this method has good golden color and fragrance, but the flavonoids content is low. In addition, the production cost of supercritical CO2 extraction is higher, so it is difficult to realize large-scale production. Subcritical Biological Extraction Technique is used to extract the active substances in raw materials using the principle of similar solubility. The extraction pressure and temperature of this method are lower than the supercritical technology, which is beneficial to save energy and reduce the operation cost. And, it can realize the industrial production of propolis. The most helpful components within propolis extract is its active ingredients. Therefore, the best method to process propolis extract is sub-critical fluid extraction.
Advanced Propolis Extraction Machine and Process
ABC Machinery is the first-class extraction machinery supplier in China. The propolis extraction machine we provided boasts strong processing capacity, energy-saving function, no solvent residues feature. It uses butane as the solvent to extract propolis extract from raw materials. The whole extraction process involves five stage leaching and extraction, which is called counter-current extraction. Counter-current extraction process not only minimizes the amount of solvent, but also greatly improve efficiency of propolis extraction. What make a difference to our propolis extraction machine, is that the heat-sensitive components, active ingredients, such as flavonoids and terpenes, within the original propolis wouldn’t change or damage. Besides, the whole propolis extraction process is simple, automated and user-friendly, which strengthens the safety of normal operation of propolis extraction machine, whatever what capacity it requires. In addition, our extraction machine requires lower investment cost compared to supercritical CO2 extraction equipment. If you are looking for a cost effective and high efficient extraction machine for propolis processing, don’t wait any more, we are your best partner and can offer your best propolis extraction and processing plan. (You may also interested in Fish Oil Extraction Machine)
Propolis Extraction Machine
Below is the detailed process about how to make high quality propolis extract with our propolis extraction machine. （Find more extraction process at Grape Seed Extraction Process)
Propolis Extraction Processing Flow Chart
If you have any interest in our extraction techniques and machinery, you're very welcomed to consult us at any time.
Benefits & Uses of Propolis Extract
- Inhibit tumor, enhance the function of radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Regulate blood lipid, reduce high cholesterol, triglycerides and low density protein, and raise HDL
- Regulate blood sugar, increase the effect of reducing sugar, improve the symptoms of diabetes, and prevent diabetic complications
- Improve the immune function of the body and increase the ability to resist disease;
- Antibacterial, anti-virus, antifungal, antigenic insect;
- Anti-allergic, anti-radiation, anti-mutation, anti-fatigue, anti-oxidation and anti-aging;
- Anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, expectorant, relieve cough and asthma;
- Can effectively relieve analgesia, blood pressure, hemostasis and itching;
- Anti-freezing, anti-cracking, anti-corruption and softening of keratin;
- Anti-ulcer, protecting the surface of the ulcer, promoting the shedding of necrotic tissue and promoting tissue regeneration and repair;
- Soften blood vessels, strengthen blood vessel tension, and reduce the permeability of blood vessel brittleness and abnormality;
- Blood circulation and blood stasis, reduce blood viscosity, reduce red blood cells, platelet aggregation, reduce thrombosis, prevent atherosclerosis and improve microcirculation.
- Regulating gastrointestinal function;
- Strengthen cell membrane, activate cells and regulate the activity of various enzymes;
- Liver protection and liver detoxification, the treatment and protection of acute and chronic hepatitis, fatty liver, cirrhosis and multiple toxic liver injuries;
- Skin care beauty, smooth wrinkles, decompose pigment, and reduce pigmentation.