Tiger Nut Oil Manufacturing Technology and Equipment
Tiger nuts, also known as cyperus esculentus, has been around for over 4,000 years and have many uses as an oil. The tigernut grows below ground. They aren't actually a nut but a tuber, like a potato. The are around the same size of a chic pea and unlike nuts, are soft and chewy. The tiger nut has a lot of health benefits and so does the oil derived from it. Tiger nut oil is extracted by low temperature extraction machine. (Read more about extracting pomegranate seeds >>)
Low Temperature Tigernut Oil Production Process
Tiger Nut Oil Production Machine for Laboratory
For the ones who want to start tiger nut oil production business, or want to know more details of the cold oil production process and machines, ABC Machinery are here to help you! We offer more than tiger seed/nut oil extraction machinery, but also tailor-made process design and business plan.
Tiger Nut Cleaning: The raw materials should be cleaned since there are a large number of mud blocks, stones, impurities, etc., that accompanied during the harvest process. These impurities must be removed in advance, otherwise it will affect the service life of the equipment, the quality of oil and the use of meal. Currently, the most commonly used methods for impurities removal are cleaning, washing, drying and other methods. The cleaned materials will enter the pretreatment workshop, and then enter the extraction workshop after screening, crushing, softening and flaking.
Equipments for Starting Tiger Nut Oil Processing Business
Suitable for Industrial Production
Cold Extraction of Tigernut Oil (Sub-critical Extraction Parameters)
|Times of Butane Solvent Extraction||4 times|
Development Prospect of Tiger Nut Oil Production
- Cyperus Esculentus: Also called nut grass, chufa sedge, yellow nutsedge, edible galingale, tiger nut sedge, earth almond or water grass.
- Main Planting Area: Mediterranean, in particular in Spain.
- Oil Content: 25%. (Extracted from the dried, chopped tubers)
Tiger nuts (Cyperus esculentus) belongs to the sedge family (Cyperaceae). It is underground tuber of a cyperus grass, belongs to the sedge family (Cyperaceae). It is edible, also known as chufras or earth almonds. Despite its name the tiger nut is not a true almond. The name derives from its almond-like flavour.
- One of the major health benefits of of using tiger nut oil is the fact that they are full of anti-oxidants. Anti-oxidants are known to fight off diseases, such as cancer or heart disease.
- Some studies show that it can also help with antibiotic resistant bacterial infections.
- It can also help with cholesterol levels. It helps lower "bad" cholesterol and increases "good" cholesterol levels.
- Tiger nut oil contains "good fat" and is great for cooking, so adding lots of nutrition to any meal you make with it.
- It also offers a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- The nutty flavor adds a great flavor to any dish it is made with.
- Another benefit to using tiger night oil is it can improve fertility in both men and women. If a woman has irregular menstrual cycles, it can help regulate them. It can also increase sex drive in both men and women.
In the past, and even now, tiger nuts have been used to treat many ailments such as constipation. They are high in fiber so they help with digestion and gut health. The oil is just as effective at treating constipation as the nut itself. Many studies have shown tiger nut oil to be helpful in lowering blood sugar levels. The studies show that since it is high in fiber, it can help with slowing absorption of sugars in the body, thus lowering blood sugar.
Other Benefits of Tiger Nut Oil
Because tiger nut oil is high in vitamin E, it is used in a lot of cosmetic products such as creams and make up. It helps with skin elasticity and prevention of wrinkles. Not only that, it can help slow down the aging process in skin because it slows down the aging of blood cells. If you would like to incorporate the use of tiger nut oil into your diet to improve your health, it is easy to use while cooking. It can make a great topping on salad or even pasta. If you use a different oil in cooking any dish, that oil can be replaced with tiger nut oil. Do keep in mind though, it does have a nutty flavor so it might not taste great with every dish! It is also important to note that since tiger nut oil is high in fiber, you should introduce it into your diet slowly. If used too much, it can cause gastrointestinal distress for those who haven't tried it before. If you are interested in incorporating it into your diet to get the health befits, use a little at first and build up your use of it over time.