The pomegranate seeds are said to be nutritious since they contain fiber, sugar, vitamin B6,vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, protein, phosphorous, potassium and carbohydrates which are all important to our bodies.
Main Active Ingredients of Pomegranate Seeds
There are three main active ingredients which can be extracted from Pomegranate Seeds.
Punicalagin – Extracted from the Peels of Pomegranate
Gallogen / Ellagic Acid – Extracted from the Peels of Pomegranate.
Pomegranate Seed Extraction Machine for Sale
Sub-critical extraction machine is suitable for extracting various of active ingredient from natural plants including Pomegranate Seeds. It refers to the process in which the active ingredient get extracted by the use of pressure (0.3-0.8MPa). The extract solvent exist in two forms i.e. liquid(under pressure) and gas(standard pressure). Sub critical pressure condition is characterized by increased solvency, accelerated transfer, increase the permeability, and most importantly the diffusion process is quickened. The result of the operations increases in the distribution rate. The most attractive feature about the sub critical extraction is the retention and protection of the material properties of the natural active extract. This gives the process a unique characteristic that promotes its adoption in the market.
Mini Pomegranate Seed Extractor Machine (Extraction Pot: 5~150L)
To ensure high-quality oil, in the extraction process the oxidation of the material is prevented by preventing the contact of the materials with the air. The very advantage of the process over the supercritical extraction process is that it's much cheaper and it requires lower pressure making the equipment the best for overall use in the industry that have mass production.
Facts of Pomegranate Seed Extraction
Pomegranate seed extract comes from a fruit called pomegranate. This fruit name is a Latin name which means ‘seeded apple‘. Pomegranate is a fruit which is almost the size of an orange. This fruit has a smooth thick skin. The fruit has color that can range from brown, yellow to a deep red color. Pomegranate fruit is separated inside by membranes that are cream colored. There are a hundred of seed pods called arils which basically consists of edible seeds which are juicy and are brilliant red and there are about 600 seeds in one pomegranate. These arils(seed pods) are what is commonly referred to as pomegranate seeds which can be eaten raw.
Global pomegranate seed oil market is segmented into seven regions which includes North America, Japan, Western Europe, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Asia-Pacific. North America has the high market share of global pomegranate seed oil and is followed by Western Europe. Due to the remarkable health benefits, pomegranates are used in the manufacture of a wide variety of products such as beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Main Application of Pomegranate Seed Extracts
Pomegranate juice is now becoming popular due to aril systems which has easily come up with means to separate the arils from other parts of the fruit. Pomegranate wine has also been ,manufactured and its popularity is also growing due to its flavor and health benefits.
After the arils have been juiced, the hard small seeds that are left contains oils that are rich in nourishment and contains antioxidants. They are highly used in cosmetic industries in the manufacture of skin lotions and creams such as anti-ageing creams.
Medical research is still uncovering a lot of benefits associated with pomegranate seed extract and therefore it has become one of the ingredients in pharmaceutical industries. Pomegranate seed extract are of great use in our bodies. The seed extract has a lot of health benefits as explained below:
- Used to fight cancer: Research has shown that the seed extract are cancer fighting food. The seed extract are said to exert some anti-tumor effects on many of the cancer cells. Pomegranate seed extracts are said to inhibit the proliferation of cells associated with breast cancer.
- Lower blood pressure: Pomegranate seeds juice contains antioxidants and bio-active polyphenols that are said that they promote cardiovascular health, which includes healthy blood pressure levels.
- Improving memory: Research and various studies have also reported memory and other benefits associated with polyphenols, which are found in pomegranate seeds and its juice.
- Improve heart health: Heart disease has become the leading cause of death in many countries. The pomegranate seeds juice contains antioxidants which may block (slow ) the buildup of cholesterol in the arteries of many people who are said to be at higher risk of having heart disease.
- Fighting Bacterial infections: Pomegranates seed extract contain many bio-active compounds, such as anthocyanins, flavones, estrogenic flavonols, ellagitannins, punicic acid, anthocyanidins, andellagic acid , which appear to be the most beneficial pomegranate components.